This library guide is to assist you in finding information about your group's chosen religion.
What you are searching for:
1. Founder of the religion, when it was founded, history, type of religion (e.g. monotheistic, polytheistic, ancient nature religion (Shintoism) (6 pts)
2. Main teachings (6 pts)
3. Number of followers and where the followers are distributed geographically (6 pts)
4. Denominations of the religion (e.g. in Judaism the main three are Orthodox, Conservative and Reform) (6 pts)
5. How the religion is practiced today/special interest topic (6 pts)
6. Include a 5 minute video about some aspect of the religion (we will talk about sources for videos such as the Films on Demand database) (6 pts)
7. Presentation skills (looking audience in the eye, not reading from the powerpoint or outline, speaking loudly enough) (6 pts)
8. Outline-one page (5 pts for organization and clarity).
9. Reference page in APA style (3 pts)
You will find this information in reference books, circulating books, and a variety of databases. See the next two tabs for links to these sources.