For the Comics & Graphic Novel Author Presentations, you'll need to do a 25-30 minute presentation about a canonical comic or graphic novel author, and address the following questions:
- why is this author well known within this medium?
- what works is he/she most well known for?
- what distinguishes this author's content and style from others in this genre?
- what literary elements does this author incorporate into his/her work?
- what biographical, aesthetic, cultural, social, political, and historical elements have influenced this author? In other words, what external factors have affected his/her work?
- what is the author's legacy? How has he/she imapcted the medium of comics or graphic novels, and also the world at large? Who and what has been influenced by the work of this author?
For the Final Essay: Novel Analysis, you'll need to write a 6-8 page analytical essay, citing at least five scholarly sources, that explores, discusses, and/or argues one of the major themes of the novel you have chosen, within one of the following contexts:
- historical or cultural
- a literary argument
- a school of literary criticism