Reference materials help you find background information on a topic, and are a great place to begin your research.
Books & Videos
Books about literature will have call numbers that begin with P, especially PN, PR and PS. This video will help you find books on the shelves that are organized by the Library of Congress classification system.
These databases help you find articles from newspapers, magazines, professional and trade publications, and scholarly journals.
Websites need to be evaluated to make sure that they are academically appropriate. Proceed with caution!
Reading a book in the library
image from iStockphoto
These guides are designed for a specific course.
- Briejer - ENGL 107
- Briejer - English 107
- English 207 - Native American Literature/Stevens
- Everett - ENG 107
- Everett - English 113
- Jaech - ENGL 107
- Marchlewski - ENG 107
- Michael - ENGL 107 - Historical Context Essay
- Potsubay - ENGL107 - Comics/Graphic Novel Author Presentation AND Final Essay: Novel Analysis
- Russell - ENGL 239 - Women Writers
- Schwartz - Engl 107
- Stevens - ENGL 266 - Women Writers
- Stevens - English 107
- Subject Guide: Literary Criticism
- Warmington - ENGL 264 - Literature of U.S. Slavery and Abolition
Frequently Asked Questions
These links provide information to important questions.