What Is an InterLibrary Loan?
An InterLibrary Loan is a request for an article or book not available at Pierce College. The ILL request asks for the item to be sent from another library that has the full text article or a copy of the book. Usually this involves articles from a magazine or a database where Pierce College does not have access to the full text or a book not in the catalog. The ILL may come from any nationwide library willing to send it, and is loaned to the Pierce College Library on your behalf.
Current Pierce College students or employees can place an ILL request for materials to support academic studies or work for the college. We try to borrow all items for free. The Library will not borrow course textbooks.
So, if you have found an article with an abstract that seems perfect for your research but is not available in full text, or know of a book on your topic that is not in the Pierce College Library collection, this is the way to get it!
- Discover a book or an abstract for a terrific article.
- Check in the Library Catalog to make sure it's not available at another Pierce College campus, or in another format or database.
- Submit an InterLibrary Loan Request Form.
- Receive your article or book.
- Return your item by the due date.