Argumentation & Research
In your Research Paper proposal, you'll need to define the topic that you plan on writing about and talk about your research plan for the paper.
Try to answer these questions:
- What's the issue? Be specific!
- Why is this issue important?
- What claim or arguments could you make about the topic?
- What questions will drive your research?
- What do you already know about the topic?
- What do you need to find out about the topic?
The library research session and this guide will help you:
- consider multiple perspectives on the issue
- explore several research tools
- find good sources for your paper
- cite your sources in MLA format
Use the blue tabs on top to navigate, explore the recommended tools, and try the search strategies. If you have any questions, click on the Getting HELP! tab or email me:
- Emily Wood - firstname.lastname@example.org