The 4 minute video below shows how to find polices on the WA Department of Corrections website. There are some important tips and tricks that will help you effectively find what you're looking for.
Prefer text? Scroll down to see the box below the video for a brief list of tips.
1) Start at the WA Doc Policy website.
2) Choose a CATEGORY that is likely to include the policy you are looking for.
3) Scroll thorough the list and look for an appropriate policy.
Why not search by key word?
- it only searches the TITLE of policies. Not all the words in a policy.
- the word you type in must be an exact match for the word in the title.
- For example: typing in PHONE will not find the TELEPHONE POLICY for offenders.
- if you do search by keyword, be sure to click the search button next to the box.
- pushing enter on the keyboard won't launch the search for the word. Instead, it will show every single DOC policy in a big list.
Have questions? Ask a librarian!
Ft. Steilacoom Library