Working through this guide will help you learn how to:
- Find articles meant for CJ professionals (scholarly journals, trade magazines, professional websites) in order to learn about important topics in the field, read in depth information, and learn professional vocabulary.
- Find articles and news meant for the general public (newspaper, popular magazines, and many websites) in order to see how these differ in depth, subject matter, and perhaps in quality or bias from the professional articles.
- Learn about particular themes, hot topics, and breaking news in Criminal Justice.
- Look for examples of bias and for people's perspectives of justice, stereotyping, racism, sexism, etc.
- Cite sources and direct quotes or paraphrased ideas (summarizing an author's ideas into your own words).
- Grow your research skills and apply them in future classes.
Have questions? Ask a librarian!
Ft. Steilacoom Library